Rent to Own Program
The rent to own program is the solution for many renters wanting to purchase a home in the future. If you're a renter and need a little time to improve your credit score or save for a down payment, this solution is ideal.
How it Works
Step one - You apply for the program. It costs $75 per household. The average turnaround time for approval is 1-3 days.
Step two - We go house shopping together. You and I will find a house FOR SALE that fits your monthly rent budget AND is attractive for a future purchase of the home.
Step three - My investor affiliated company buys the house in cash and leases to you (one year lease) with an option to purchase.
Step four - You move in and can purchase the home anytime for up to five years.
- Minimum lease is one year. You have no obligation to lease or purchase beyond one year. If you decide not to buy the house, the transaction is just like a lease. You'll be given your security deposit back at the end of the lease.
- You may lease up to five years.
- You may decide to purchase any time within the five years.
- The list price of the home must be within $100,000 and $550,000.
- 550+ TransUnion Credit Score
- Annual household income of at least $50,000
- Stable employment
- No history of eviction and no pending bankruptcy
Criminal history and other elements are factored into the decision for approval in the program.
Why I like the Rent to Own Program
You're renting with an option to buy. That's it. Very simple. If you don't want to buy, no problem. It's just like a lease. Leave after a year. The lease agreement is for five years, but you can leave without any penalty every year. Just like a traditional lease.
You're shopping for a home that is FOR SALE, not for rent. Big difference in the quality of homes. Also a HUGE difference in the number of homes available. If you're looking for a home to rent, why not look at ALL the homes, not just the homes for rent.
All the numbers are transparent. No hidden fees. You're not obligated to buy anything. Treat it just like a lease and if you love the house, buy it.
Remember, friends don't let friends rent apartments. If you know somebody looking to rent a home but wants more options - this is the program for them.
All the Best,
Rich Spaulding - Realtor